The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is making a decisive shift to clean energy, according to its energy chief. Coal plants are becoming unviable investments, Yongping Zhai wrote in Viet Nam News, as renewable energy costs fall and the bank puts a carbon price in excess of $36 a tonne on lending decisions.Read More
The job description is to design solars.
Role & Responsibilities include:
- Drafting in AutoCAD, electrical design, and working with engineering groups
- Working with partners and our development team to put together preliminary layouts and one-lines
- Collaborating with engineers and our operations team to put together final design packages and field installation documents
- Working with clients, engineers, subcontractors, manufacturers and suppliers to plan cost factors for building projects
- Analyzing construction documents, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for projects.
Qualifications & Experience:
- B.E Electrical from a well reputed university
- Minimum 2 years experience in solar PV design
- Minimum 1 year experience using AutoCAD
- Creative problem solving and complex critical thinking ability
- Social intelligence and strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Aptitude for learning new software quickly
- Previous work creating Construction Documents and Field Installation Guides
- Experience reading equipment spec sheets and electrical line diagrams
Role and Responsibilities include:
- Must carry out sales and business development for the solar energy products and large solutions to the corporate and government clients.
- Responsible for the Sales and Business Development of Solar Powered Home & Office Solutions and other Renewable Energy products to the retailers.
- Conduct market surveys, market analysis and prepare accurate business reports.
- Assist in developing business plans, identifying opportunities and developing the business in the specified areas of the country.
- Deliver on annual targets and key performance indicators.
- Generate leads and build a network for opportunity referrals.
- Manage all client activities; developing relationships with existing and potential partners; manage the deals pipeline; research opportunities and select the most appropriate to be developed.
- Interface with engineering on organizational capabilities, resource availability, writing proposals and tenders, and to pass on customer feedback. Liaise with engineers to identify opportunities for further sales.
- Work closely with other members of the business development team.
Qualifications & Experience
- The candidate should have a previous track record of successfully initiating and closing rooftop and utility scale solar projects under both CAPEX as well as BOOT models
- Minimum 2 years of relevant sales experience in the solar/power trading sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple leads and funnel them to closures
- Having an electrical engineering background would be an advantage.
This article is the fifth in a series on BP’s recently-released Statistical Review of World Energy 2019. Previous articles in this series covered carbon dioxide emissions, petroleum supply and demand.Read More
Abu Dhabi’s clean energy company Masdar said it is pursuing renewable energy opportunities in Armenia, a nation with “considerable” potential for solar and wind energy development.Read More
An innovative thermal battery being developed by Curtin University researchers will be key to a solar power system capable of producing electricity overnight, rivaling fossil fuels as a viable source of power for commercial and heavy industries around the world, including mining operations.Read More
new device created by researchers at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology in Saudi Arabia can purify water through solar power. While there have been previous attempts to merge solar power and clean water, the scientists say they have developed a new three-stage system that radically increases efficiency.Read More
Etiam ultrices. Suspendisse in justo eu magna luctus suscipit. Sed lectus. Integer euismod lacus luctus magna. Quisque cursus, metus vitae pharetra auctor, sem massa mattis sem, at interdum magna augue eget diam. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Morbi lacinia molestie dui. Praesent blandit dolor. Sed non quam. In vel mi sit amet augue congue elementum.Read More
The advancement in technology has made it possible for scientists to come up with innovative solutions. From expeditions to the moon, discovering possible life and resources on other planets, exploring the vast galaxies, mankind has come a long way. The earth is a planet of immense beauty and resources. Some of these resources include: fossil fuels, coal, natural gas, oil and water. These resources are valuable because they are used for various purposes. But one of the most important aspects is their ability to produce energy to generate electricity for homes.
Water is an incredible source of energy. However, its purpose is not limited to this. It is used for heating, cooking, cleaning, and fueling cars, as well as various other purposes. Despite being considered renewable energy at one point, these resources are now diminishing. Constant use has been detrimental to the resources. Furthermore, a study published indicates that by 2025, 1.8 billion people will suffer from scarceresources of water.
How Solar Energy is the Sollution
Through technology and scientific research, scientists have been able to successfully find ways to conserve finite resources. They have been able to discover alternates to renewable energy. One of these is solar energy. By combining modern day technology and sunlight, the production of solar energy has become a possibility.
Large solar panels are used to absorb the powerful solar rays emitted from the sun and convert these into power resources used to light up residential and commercial areas.
Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always
bring your own sunshine
Due to scarcity, inflation has led to energy costs rising. Furthermore, the use of hydro-generated electricity and fossil fuels has led to excess energy being produced. This leads to over-billing for electricity that is not used.
Net metering has become possible through solar panels. When energy is produced through these panels, it is directly converted from sunlight. Therefore, there is no wastage of water and excessive production is not problematic. This is because net metering allows organizations and businesses to reserve the energy and distribute it.Read More